The bet of the XXI version of the Amazonas Opera Festival will include incredible opera productions, master classes and laboratories working around the lyric genre in schools and cultural centres
Under the artistic direction of Luiz Fernando Malheiro the renowned festival presents the operas and master classes that make up the program of this 2018.
Artists from Latin America and Spain are present in the production of the Festival and its shows. The success of Gounod, Faust returns to Brazil after his last presentation in 1972, under the reggie of André Heller-Lopes. The costumes by Sofia di Nunzio of Argentina; from Brazil Renato Theobaldo on scenography and Fabio Retti on lighting. In the cast, there are figures like the Chilean Homero Pérez in the role of Mefisto, Marcelo Guzzo from Uruguay as Valentín, Anna Goma from Spain as Siebel and Marguerite as the French Isabelle Sabrie.
The Amazonas Opera Festival is presented annually at the Theatro Amazonas in Manaus, Brazil. The Amazonas Philharmonic Orchestra is the official orchestra of the Festival. In 2011, the orchestra completed its 15th consecutive year of participation in the festival.
- Faust, Gounod. April 28th and May 05th. Amazonas Theatre
- Dessana, Dessana. Saints. April 29th and May 05th. Amazonas Theatre.
- Florence in the Amazon, Catán. May 12th, 18th and 20th Amazonas Theatre.
- Kawah Ijen (O vulcao blue), Ripper. May 27th and 31st / June 2nd. Amazonas Theatere
- Baroque opera laboratory Acis and Galatea, Händel. May 13th, 17th and 19th Amazonas Theatre.
- Singing and piano recitals. 07th, 09th, 14th, 16th, 21st and 23rd of May. Theaters, community centres and schools in the interior of Manaus.
- Master Classes, meetings and conferences. 07th, 14th, 21st and 28th of May. Cultural Centre of Justice. For artists and technicians.
Download the program of the XXI Festival Amazonas de Ópera in the following link.